A big part of the yogi lifestyle for me is practicing the concept of Ahimsa (non-harming). I see this word as encompassing all ways of kindness; kindness to people, kindness to animals and the planet, and kindness to my own body through treating it healthily. Because of this, I eat a plant based diet and try to limit all negative impact on the world around me by being Vegan. I love to use whole plant foods to create yummy recipes, that are healthier than the usual.
These cookie-dough brownies are completely plant based, paleo and gluten free! You are welcome.
You will need:
* 1 cup smooth natural almond butter (use the runny kind with only almonds as an ingredient)
* 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil
* 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 small/medium banana, super ripe (with spots) and mashed - this is in place of egg, and will help to add sweetness and bind the mixture.
* 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (dairy free or vegan - I used lindt 70% chocolate and broke it into tiny pieces)
* A splash of plant based milk - almond/ oat/ soy
Preheat oven to gas 6 (maybe lower, my oven is very inefficient!!!)
Mix everything in a large bowl. The mixture will seem very wet and sticky - that’s ok. If it seems dry, or that its not holding together, add a little more milk.
Plop tablespoon sized scoops of mixture onto a lined baking sheet and bake on the middle shelf for half an hour or until they look done - keep checking on them and don't let them over bake. They should rise a lot in the oven. If you use all vegan ingredients it doesn’t matter if they’re still a bit gooey - no eggs to poison you!!!